CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owl Project by RayTrek

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owl Project by RayTrek Empty Owl Project by RayTrek Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:44 am

LittleRedWoodshop

LittleRedWoodshop
Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic

Originally posted on the CW Forum - I just had to share it.

Hello All - Owl Project

Just for fun the owl has a towel hanger that is attached to a slide and is wired to the wings so that they flap up and down.

Started 11:00AM, carve was 2 hours @ Normal, both sides and vector cut with 1/16” carve bit, in re saw Cedar with a framed carrier and cut out on the band saw ¼” blade. Some other parts were made separate.

1) The top, back, hanger and spacer was traced and cut on band saw.
2) The slide, I cut the beveled edges first to fit back side slot and then cut the depth with a slight taper to give the wire tie room to work, Band saw.
3) The bottom slide guide, Is three parts, one rectangle and two top guides were cut from the left over slide, and used the band saw to give it shape.
4) Belt sanded wings to about ½”.

Owl Project by RayTrek 04owlc10 Owl Project by RayTrek 06owla10

Some sanding and glued it up, drilled the holes for hardware in the wings, I put markers in the pattern for location, I gave the glue up about two hours clamped used tite bond 3, next did some Dremel clean up sanded edges with a 4” round orbiter, sprayed on some clear lacquer – 5:00PM. For me that’s fun.

Well here it is if you want, The MPC is over 2 meg so I put it into three MPC files.
First open “OwlBuild01slice” next open ”OwlBuild01slice2” and open carving list, right click the group and select all, right click again and copy, next click on the “OwlBuild01slice” tab, right click on the board and select paste this should place the group onto the board where I had it original. Now open “OwlBuildWingsHangers” and repeat above procedure. Now it is all on the same board.
Note, the back side carve slot is on all three MPC files make sure it lines up - see “OwlBuild01slice 2” for how it should be.
Also fell free to change and crate your own version of the project.

Hope you enjoy and want to thank every one ho has given their great projects, pixs, and learning tools, paid for and free they are all good.

Owl Project by RayTrek 01owlw10 Owl Project by RayTrek 02owlw10

Owl Project by RayTrek 03owlb10

Cheers and good day ~ Ray Ver. 1.152 and working great.

MPC File: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3yztjghmtjy/the whole owl.mpc

http://littleredwoodshop.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum