CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Centerline and line drawings

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Centerline and line drawings Empty Centerline and line drawings Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 am

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

One and all,

Is there anyone out there that has done and or tried to do a line type drawing using the add on Centerline feature of the Designer software?

What I'm trying to do is import a lined drawing and then engrave it on the CW using the Centerline feature vice having it done in the raster type format, or "back and forth" as normal.

Did I miss something? Probably so, and that's why I'm asking for some help.

Thank you very much in advance.

confused Very Happy

2Centerline and line drawings Empty Re: Centerline and line drawings Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Dave,

I think the only way you can do what your asking with centerline is to turn your drawing into a ding bat. Then it would carve it as a text vs raster pattern..

Your other options would be in Corel to save the image as a vector format, I think!

http://ringneckblues.com

3Centerline and line drawings Empty Centerline and line drawings Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

FW,

Thank you sir for getting back to me so quickly.

The file that I have is already in a vectorized line drawing format via CorelDraw. If what you are telling me is true, then all I have to do is import that CorelDraw X4 file into the Designer software and it will work using Centerline?

Am I to assume that CorelDraw files are importable into Designer? I've asked about this before but nobody seemed to know, or I've forgotten.

I also seem to remember these things you call dingbats but that term was usually reserved for some half baked individual not something of a graphic arts nature. Seriously though I do remember something about "dingbats" mentioned somewhere, either in this forum or in the CW Newsletter.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance FW.

confused Very Happy

4Centerline and line drawings Empty Ding bats Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Dave,
Here is the link to the tips and tricks for ding bats.

http://carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_May09.pdf

A ding bat is set up as a font for the computer for text input. This is the only way you can use centerline to carve it. Centerline is a "text" carve feature and can not be used to carve images.

Another approach for this is to take your image into designer and use the line tool to trace the path you want to carve and then assign one of the V bits to the path. After you have the path made then you would need to delete the pattern.

Second opthion is to do the outline tool of the pattern, assign the bit then delete the pattern.

Hope some of those with Corel knowledge will jump in and help you out as I know you have been asking this question for some time now...

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

FW,

Have finally found out that CorelDraw files, versions X4 and X5, with the file name of "cdr" are not, repeat, NOT importable into the CW Designer Software. I'm not sure why as CW advertises that any graphic file CAN be imported. In digging a little further what CW means by "any graphic file" is that it has to be a jpg, bitmp, tff or AI file.

Just thought you'd like to know.

All the best.

cheers

6Centerline and line drawings Empty Re: Centerline and line drawings Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:41 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Dave,

I have no knowledge of corel so I am not much help.

CW designer will import regular image files to convert to patterns. The do need to be in the image format of bmp, tif, png to do so..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]