CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cut Path Question

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cut Path Question Empty Cut Path Question Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:40 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

In the new software operations manual under "Cut Path" and I quote.. "To create a cut select the desired geometry then press the "Cut Path" button from the "Tools"" menu of the Tools toolbar. The Cut-Out Control dialog will open."

OK, dumb question. What is the "desired geometry"? If they are speaking of the actual white lines of the part, I can't seem to "select" all of the lines and rounded corners without the other white lines of the part disappearing and reverting back to black dash lines. What have I done wrong?

I'd send my file along for someone to help but don't know how to do that either! Talk about being totally frustrated.

H-E-L-P!

confused Question Very Happy

2Cut Path Question Empty Re: Cut Path Question Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

I believe the "desired geometry" is things like the pattern outline, connected lines making a closed path, circle, rectangle etc.. to do a cut path all ends of the lines/object must be connected for the cut path tool to be activated.

To get all of your lines to be white do a right click and select all..or in your carving list winow, hold down the ctrl key and select the ones you want..

If you do need help with an mpc you can post it here with the file share feature or you can email it to me....

http://ringneckblues.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum