CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front loading dust collector insert design complete

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Having problems with getting my pictures to post right. They will not size right or something!!! working on it!!!!

Well after waiting over a month on the fab shop to make these I have decided to do them myself. They were trying (very) to work on these in their spare time and was not getting it done. They did do 2 versions but both would not fit the CW.

I've gone out and bought a small 18" bender and a few sheet metal tools, sure looks strange in a wood working shop.. lol! .

My material of choice is .025 aluminum. It is light weight, easy for me to work with Smile , easy to install/remove and should help with the shipping costs. The 4" collar is std. galvinized duct. Intake size is approx. 14.5" X 1".

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3232

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3233

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3239

This is what I came up with for a lock down system. It is a swing down that hooks on the small flange of the frame just above the head lock handle. It is positioned such that you have to push down lightly on the insert to lock it in place.

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3234

This shows the clearance between the DCinsert and the cutting head/QC in the full raised position.

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3235

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3236

This shows the bottom side and the lip that fits over the bottom frame above the compression roller. This helps hold it in place along with the lock downs.

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3237

This is a pic. of the door cutdown for the "DC-insert". The amount of cut off is
1 1/8" to 1 1/4". I epoxied the cut off back on to the front of the door.

Front loading dust collector insert design complete 100_3238

If anyone has questions/thoughts or wants more pictures just let me know.

http://ringneckblues.com

2Front loading dust collector insert design complete Empty DC-Insert now available! Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Here is a link to my site for the info on the DC-Insert. I am ready to start selling them. If you have any questions/comments please let me know..

http://www.ringneckblues.com/Dust_Collector_Insert.php

http://ringneckblues.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum