CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Importing CorelDraw files into the Designer Software

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

One and all,

There are a lot of folks out there in the various awards and presentation fields that use CorelDraw for their work. For the folks with laser engravers, CorelDraw is all they can use to "speak" to their lasers with.

I've reviewed a number of the various videos and tutorials on the Designer software posted here, all of which are extremely informative, well done, and a necessity for every new person to the CW machine to review to better and faster learn the Designer software.

While reviewing one of these fine videos, where the individual was demonstrating how to emulate a logo in Designer, it struck me that there are various functions within CorelDraw that do this same function somewhat easier and quicker. So even though the individual in this video did a super job with the Designer software and explaining how to do it so that even I could understand it, I was just wondering if a few of the steps that this individual used in Designer could be eliminated using Corel and then have that Corel file imported direclty into the Designer software for use on the CW.

There is a ton of Corel files out there, especially in the laser engraving world, that could adapt themselves very nicely to the CW if those files can be imported directly into Designer.

Have any of you "pros" out there considered and or done this before?

confused Very Happy

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

I do not have Corel software but I do know that there are a lot of guys/gals that do use it to edit and create patterns for the CW. I have seen some real good designs made with it.

I think if one was using Corel to make designs for the CW it would be of benefit to have the CW pattern editor software. After importing the design into the editor you can final adjustments to improve the carvability before making it a pattern.

Maybe some of the "PROS" will add their comments and wisdom

http://ringneckblues.com

3Importing CorelDraw files into the Designer Software Empty Importing Corel files to Designer Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 am

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

FW,

I sincerely hope you are right. Never thought about using pattern editor. I have that loaded in Designer, I think anyway. Will check it out. But I'm not sure I totally understand what you are referring to when you say "tweak" it a little to work better with the CW. Can you clarify that for me?

I've had a couple of laser engraver friends that have looked at the CW and its Designer software once I mentioned the CW to them. After checking it out themselves they said that the Designer software appears to have some of the same characteristics as Corel. I wonder if LHR "borrowed" some of their software from Corel maybe?

Regardless, I'm very interested in seeing if this file migration can happen and would most definitely appreciate hearing from other CW users who might have tried this on their own.

Smile

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Dave,

By tweaking in pattern editor(software that comes with the probe) I was thinking of being able to make adjustments light height, trim edges, adjust pattern size and etc.

Not being familiar with Corel I can not speak directly about the characteristics being similar to designer. I use paint.net as my editor before taking my project into pattern editor and it has similar
tools as editor. I think this is true of most image software features. I am sure Corel has more bells and whistles based on what one has to pay for it.

woodchipsltd wrote:FW,

I sincerely hope you are right. Never thought about using pattern editor. I have that loaded in Designer, I think anyway. Will check it out. But I'm not sure I totally understand what you are referring to when you say "tweak" it a little to work better with the CW. Can you clarify that for me?

I've had a couple of laser engraver friends that have looked at the CW and its Designer software once I mentioned the CW to them. After checking it out themselves they said that the Designer software appears to have some of the same characteristics as Corel. I wonder if LHR "borrowed" some of their software from Corel maybe?

Regardless, I'm very interested in seeing if this file migration can happen and would most definitely appreciate hearing from other CW users who might have tried this on their own.

Smile

http://ringneckblues.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum