CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

trplbogie

trplbogie
Senior User
Senior User

I would love to have a success story, have had machine 4 weeks, and cannot keep it running due to QC problems, card problems, carriage problems, and now the cut motor has gone out. I do have some success I guess, have managed to produce 17 signs through all this. Luckily I live in Houston, so I get to spend a bunch on gas and all on trips back and forth. In all fairness, they have taken care of me very well, but the question becomes, when is enough....enough. My machine now has more miles on it than hours. Thank heavens still under 200 hours. But I need to calculate how many hours they ran it after repairs and in quality control. May help keep that warranty extended some.
OK I have now vented my frustrations.....good luck to all.

2Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects Empty Up and running sometimes!!! Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:19 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Trplbogie,

First off get your hands on one of Ron Justis(?) Rock Chuck as a replacement for your original QC. That takes care of two very BIG issues with the standard machine; noise and vibration, the later of which could be the cause of your other problems. There are many strings in this forum that will help you out with this.

Please post a reply when you get it installed as to your other issues.

Good luck! Oh, and by the way, if you need any help and advice with this, Ron has ALL of the answers for you and is very keen on helping everyone just because he's a good guy above and beyond the fact that he makes the Rock Chuck.

Very Happy

rjustice

rjustice
Junior User

Trplbogie,
You can find info on the Rock Chuck on my website. www.cw-parts.com

Thanks woodchipsltd,
I try to be a nice guy, i do care about our carving community, and i appreciate your kind words. Be it coincedence or not, many problems other than the issues with the QC are going away from using the Rock Chuck system. I think AL is correct about the lack of vibration saving many other electronic components etc.

Happy Carving,

Ron

4Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects Empty make the switch Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:24 pm

trplbogie

trplbogie
Senior User
Senior User

I think I will make the switch, need to talk to Ron and get specifics about the centerline text bits, ect. Any comments would be appreciated

thanks

5Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects Empty rock Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:51 pm

trplbogie

trplbogie
Senior User
Senior User

Got the rock, and what a difference......quieter, less stress on deeper cuts and flex shaft stays cooler. Cuts come out a bit cleaner also....I got the 1/2" with 1/4" reducer and all I do is remove the bits from the complete CW set from their adpters and make a mark on them for how far they were set from adapter and off I go.....so far so good.
In fact I cut 3 projucts today, 2 in finished pine and one in red oak. Both wood cut great, have some purple heart I am ready to try

Thanks Ron

Last edited by trplbogie on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

rjustice

rjustice
Junior User

Triplbogy,
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the many benefits of running the Rock Chuck!

Happy Carving friend!

Ron

7Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects Empty Rock Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:24 am

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Ron,

I see that CarveWright is advertising what appears to be your much needed Rock Chuck for their new CW machines. Is this in fact your design that they purchased from you?

If so, someone finally got smart at LHR!

Great job!

confused cheers

rjustice

rjustice
Junior User

Hi woodchipsltd,
I was never able to get any response from LHR about working with me on my chuck design. This is their own design i suppose, but do not know. I hope you are enjoying your Rock Chuck!

Happy Carving!

Ron

9Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects Empty Rock Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:21 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Ron,

So they took your design and made it there own? Isn't there something illegal about patent infringements here somewhere?

And they never talked to you about it?

This doesn't sound very ethical to me. I'm not too sure that I'd want to deal with a company like that.

Please tell me this isn't so.

confused Shocked

rjustice

rjustice
Junior User

It looks slightly different, but i dont know how much. They integrated the chuck and the spindle together, which means once you put it on, your not going to be able to easily change it out.

11Wish mine would work long enough to finish 2 projects Empty Rock Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Ron,

Business is business I guess. Looks like they (LHR) took the best of your ideas, made a few changes to defeat the copy right/patent laws and made it their own. Legal, but not necessarily "right" in my book. Guess I'm just a little old fashion in that regard.

Nevertheless, you have a fine product and anyone out there that hasn't changed over to your Rock Chuck should do so immediately. It certainly has made a big, big difference in the performance of my CW.

Thanks again!

cheers

rjustice

rjustice
Junior User

Thanks for the kind words. I really do appreciate the support, and you voicing your opinion. I thnk that the Rock Chuck is still a very good decision for those struggling with which way to go.

Happy carving,

Ron

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum