CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames Empty Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:17 pm

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

I found some very old Scroll saw patterns and though I would share them with you.
I am expecting my Machine this Tuesday, and will be trying this pattern as a gift for a friend. These are no longer copyrighted.

There are 2 Files one is the original artwork and the other is a Grey scale PNG file.
Haven't a clue how these will look as I don't have a working version of the Designer Software yet. Haven't figured out why you have to register the software yet as Far as I can tell it can only be used with the carvewright machine.

Anyways I have a few of these and will post them as I get them cleaned up.
I hope these will be of value to someone.
The Original Pattern is 5 megs in size so, it may take a while to download.

Cleaned up Pattern
Orginal Pattern not cleaned up
Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames Ship_picture_frames

2Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames Empty Looks Like This Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:59 pm

LittleRedWoodshop

LittleRedWoodshop
Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic

I impoted it into the Desiner software and then did a little work to it in the pattern editor - I set it up as a scroll saw cut out (using the 1/16th cutting bit and some 1/8th baltic birch ply).

Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames Ship_s10

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zuzmcwmmzhw/old ship.mpc

http://littleredwoodshop.com

3Hobbies 1698 two old ship picture frames Empty Scroll saw patterns Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:08 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Jason,

This looks great! Now how do I take the various and numerous scroll saw patterns that I have and convert them to line drawings like this for engraving on my CW? Sounds simple for someone like yourself but I'm still learning!

Thanks in advance!!!

Question Very Happy

jjschooley

New User

Hey woodchipsltd
Has anyone responded to your question?? Doesn't look like it. So here goes from what I have learned and tried.
1. Scan in your scroll patterns in to your computer giving each one a name that you will know when you see it and I would give it the extention of .JPG. Reason for this is that takes less drive space and less deterioration for editing useses.
2. Use a picture editing program (I use MGI PhotoSuite 8.05). Now ensure that your blacks are totally black and no light grays and so on the same is true for the whites. Remember the way that CW works is that total black is left alone unless you set it for another depth and total white is for the cut in at the set depth. lighter shades vary the cut depth. I enlarge my images to max at times to check for any color diferances because 1 to 2 gray dots will actually show up in the final cut. Plus you may have to experement on just how thick the lines need to be to give you the exact pattern cut you are after.
3. Then you will need to import the JPG into your CW program and the instructions are in the help section of the software on how to do that.

I hope that this helps you and others. It does take alot of time to ensure that it is what you want but remember you will be pleased with the end product and if it were easy anyone could do it, then where would the bragging rights be. What a Face

JJ Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]