CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sport Logos

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sport Logos Empty Sport Logos Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:37 am

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Not a bad location for all of your sport logo related graphics to get ideas from.

http://www.sportslogos.net/index.php

2Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:50 am

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Badger,

I have used this site for all of my sports logo pattern making. I like the fact that they not only have the current logos but also those from the past. Also just about every sports team you can think of..

http://ringneckblues.com

3Sport Logos Empty Sports logos Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Badger wrote:Not a bad location for all of your sport logo related graphics to get ideas from.

http://www.sportslogos.net/index.php

Badger,

Have you tried down loading and engraving any of these? Any TM worries? How did the engravings turn out? Loaded questions in some cases but comments please!

Very Happy

4Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

If you are going to do one personally for yourself I wouldnt worry too much about it. If you start selling them in mass either online or at sales you always run the risk of getting a nasty email, letter or visit letting you know you cant do that unless you have a license to do so through that company.

Getting a license is really not that hard to do at all either. You just have to have to be ready to try to sell alot to make up the difference to make it worth wild.

For those that will be doing this, this book will probably be best for you.

http://www.nolo.com/product.cfm/objectID/4835B5AF-0C35-4540-A4FE20738596443E/310/

Includes most forms that would be needed to handle these situations.

5Sport Logos Empty Sports logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:09 am

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Badger,

Thank you very much. This book is definiltely on order.

Do you have photos that you would care to share with the rest of us of any work you've done using these at all??? Thanks in advance!

Very Happy

6Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

None. It was posted by a fellow forum member at CW's site. Just added it for good information here. Liked the Eagles my home team born and raised in Phila stayed in Oklahoma after the Air Force. I will probable work on the Eagle ones for maybe a couple bar signs.

If your interested in one I could mess around with it and post a couple patterns.

As far as making items lets just say Ive given away more than Ive brought in unless you count the priceless looks on those that received. I have a full time job in Law Enforcement I do this to keep my sanity and made several items for our Sheriffs Office and of course my wifes day care. The couple signs I did for those that called me I actually gave away, lol my wife tells me I wont make much that way.

I have contacted the company that designed our badges and they were more than friendly to give me a reduced cost license to give me the artwork for our badges. Its really not that hard to contact a company to obtain licenses to make products using their logos. You can never go wrong with College themes they are always good sellers.

7Sport Logos Empty Sports logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:06 am

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Badger,

Thank you for the great information. Good luck with your Eagles signs. You probably aren't old enough to remember when Norm Van Brocklin(?) was the QB for the Eagles. I'm a 49er fan from all the way back when Frankie Albert (that was before Y.A.Tittle) was the 9ers QB. But I'm digressing.

Certainly understand your wife's comments about not making money etc, etc. Seems that's what wives are for these days. That's why I've stayed away from marriage. At my age (retired after working for Uncles Canoe club for 40 years, 20 of those in uniform zooming around the sky in jet fighters off the carriers with 3.5 of those years in Vietnam) it's better to just have one or two steady social evening mates etc, etc. Keeps things neat and clean that way.

As a law officer, I certainly appreciate what you do as a profession and can totally understand the qualities that come from having a good outlet from the riggers of a high stressed job environment. Just remember the basic rule of physics. Two physical objects can not occupy the same piece of space at the same time. In other words bullets and people don't mix. Learned that the hard way "some" years ago. So keep your head down and your power dry.

Great advice on getting that book regardless of where it came from. The last thing I need to do with this new business is to get wrapped up in some sort of legal thing with a deep pockets and hungry, big organization.

If and when you get around to doing those Eagle signs, please post a photo for the rest of us to marvel at!

All the best.

Very Happy

8Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:39 am

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Badger/Woodchips,

Here is a couple that I have done.

Colorado Rockies NLCS board:
[img]Sport Logos Rock10[/img]

And a New England Patriots board:

Sport Logos Pats_210

I have also done the Broncos and Nuggets but do not have any pictures of those.

9Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 am

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I have a hard time telling you good job when you post one of the Phillies losing with a big fat 0.

lol, good job though.

10Sport Logos Empty Sports logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:43 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

FW,

Great job! How did you do this? Details please if you'd care to. I gotta learn somehow other than trial and error. Might as well learn from a pro!!!

Thanks in advance.

Question Very Happy

PS: Am still waiting on my replacement "square tool" thingy from Ron Justice to get my new Rock Chuck installed.

11Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Heres a Miami Dolphin for ya from that page.

Sport Logos Dolphi10

12Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:56 am

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Badger wrote:I have a hard time telling you good job when you post one of the Phillies losing with a big fat 0.

lol, good job though.

lol! Yep, it was a good run but fell just a little short. I had tickets to game 5 Sad , they just needed to win 1 for me to go...

13Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:06 am

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

woodchipsltd wrote:FW,

Great job! How did you do this? Details please if you'd care to. I gotta learn somehow other than trial and error. Might as well learn from a pro!!!

Thanks in advance.

Question Very Happy

PS: Am still waiting on my replacement "square tool" thingy from Ron Justice to get my new Rock Chuck installed.

Woodchips,

NO pro here but thanks,,,

I saved the image then opened in my image editor and re saved as a PNG file. Open the PNG and change to BW image. Between the image editor and pattern editor I adjusted the heights of the different areas in the logo to minimize the extremes. also used a little bit of "blur" tool. It takes a little practice and most of the logos are fairly easy to work with.

I also found that adding a little "draft" when you set up the design helps with the chipping.

14Sport Logos Empty Sports Logo. Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:05 pm

trplbogie

trplbogie
Senior User
Senior User

All site design is Copyright ©️1997-2009 Chris Creamer Properties, Inc. The Sports Logos.Net "C-Leaf" Logo is property of this site. I do not own any of the sports logos or uniforms depicted within this site, therefore I do not have the power to grant usage rights to anyone! All team and league information, sports logos, sports uniforms and names contained within this site are properties of their respective leagues, teams, ownership groups and/or organizations. This site is maintained for research and historical purposes only, please do not abuse it! Any information obtained from this site may not be sold to any third parties.

Please be carefull when using logos. I have gained permission from NFL properties on a case by case basis. I have not tried NBA or MLB. I am in the process with Collegiate Licensing Corp. for College. Truth be known, I can get approval for 10 Commandments easier. I have obtained several agreements. They are not especially cheap, but I don't want the proverbial "cease and desist" letter and headaches that follow. Not worth it.

Go through proper channels and swallow the cost. Will save you much down the road if you should get caught. Now Public domain laws for internet have changed. Do not assume that if it is on the net it is public domain.....not totally true.

The only way I can legally do College, or other logos that I do not have permission to use is to give the item away or only sell for RAW cost. RAW cost is always open for discussion. Pls be carefull

15Sport Logos Empty Re: Sport Logos Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:38 pm

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I agree to an extent, if someone is going to use it for a sign above their bar or a gift to a friend or family I doubt you will ever receive a letter, one reason is they have no way of finding out. When you start going to craft fairs and shows, or post items for sale online you will greatly run the risk of receiving one of those letters. I know that they do have members that do attend the larger shows throughout the year and will start to flash papers at the vendor if they catch them without a license to use those logos.

And I also agree it really isnt that hard to receive permission but as anything else it will cost you to get it. If you know you can make the profit than do it right to begin with and you wont have all that stress when you go out to sell your items.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum