CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hard Time with Head pressure

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Hard Time with Head pressure Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:09 am

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

I am having a very hard time with my head pressure. I have checked alignment several times, cleaned and lubricated all the gears and shafts and I still cannot crank the head down to the board without a lot of fuss.
The crank just does not want to move the head down.
Anyone with a fix for this?

2Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Re: Hard Time with Head pressure Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:25 am

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

rheal,

Can you give me a quick run down on what is happening when you try to crank the head down?

Does the crank start clicking right away?

Is the head stuck in the raised positon?

Is the red locking handle pulled out?

I need a little more info to help you out...

http://ringneckblues.com

3Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Re: Hard Time with Head pressure Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 am

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

Head gets about 2 inches from the stock and handel starts clicking.
Sometimes the head gets down to the stock and the handle just clicks away.
Sometimes the handle will start clicking right away and I have to push down on the Head to get it moving.
I have done the alignment several times and lubed cleaned blow dried prayed for all the gears.

Is there a way to get rid of the click handle?
Sad

4Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Re: Hard Time with Head pressure Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:37 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

RHEAL,

Sorry for the delay on getting back to this, maybe you have gotten it fixed!!

If not, Nope the crank can not be done a way with.

Since you said you have done the head leveling and all 4 corners are aligned the only things I can think of for a fix is:

Make sure the threaded head bolts and gears on the crank handle are clean and lubed. Any build up on them will add resistance to the head when it is lowered and cause the crank handle to start ratcheting.

If you still can not lower it to the board you can also to add a washer between the spring in the crank handle. Tech support had me take one of the thin washers off of top of the vertical guide posts on the right side of the machine. I was having low head pressure and could not get it to the 85 pounds.
You will have to remove the top end cover panels to do this. The washer adds more resistance to the ratcheting system spring. After doing this re check your head pressure..
Hard Time with Head pressure Guide_10

Hard Time with Head pressure Crank_10

5Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Re: Hard Time with Head pressure Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:54 pm

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

Thank You for your reply, I will try that tonite after work.

6Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Re: Hard Time with Head pressure Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Hope it helps you out...

If you are on tonight check the chat room at the bottom of the page. I should be on if you need to chat or need more help... im there now to

7Hard Time with Head pressure Empty Head pressure Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:37 am

laserbill

New User

The washer from under that bolt did not fit on the handle of my piece of junk
grumpy bill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]