CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 am

LittleRedWoodshop

Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic
From Scrollsaw Workshop - Steve Good

Use the Scroll Saw Keychain Maker to start a small keychain business. Build yourself a nice display and make up severl keychains with common names. Sell at craft shows, on Ebay or at work. Everyone needs a keychain. Take custom orders. Heck just make them and give them away as gifts. It's all made easy with the Scroll Saw Keychain Maker. Watch the video demonstration then download the file below and get started with the fun.

The following link will start the download process. After the file download is complete just click the setup file and the program will be installed.

View our Website at www.LittleRedWoodshop.com

Two Great Sources of Information: www.CarveWrightMagazine.com & www.CNCCorner.com
View user profile http://littleredwoodshop.com

2 Re: Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:46 pm

RHEAL

Junior User
I have not found a way yo be able to reproduce or use this in designer.
Has anyone had success in creating a keychain from this?

View user profile

3 Yes I Have on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:30 pm

LittleRedWoodshop

Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic
Step One: Download the software

Step Two:
Type in the name that you want to cut

Step Three:
Because there is no save option in the software - you are going to need to take a screen shot and edit the name out in your image editing software

Step Four: Save the image and then import it into Designer

NOTE: as you import the image "Lower" it in the impoter to get rid of the background - just leaving the keychain itself.

Step Five:
Once you have the image saved in Desinger - the rest is kind of an experiment. Some of the images can be placed directly on the board and will cut fine - some need a little fine tuning in the Pattern Editor.

If Designer won't let you cut the image out then double click on it and open it the Pattern Editor. Once you have it open in the Pattern Editor - click on "Filter" - select "Smooth" and set it to 10 - click OK. Now take the "eye dropper" and select the empty background - then select (or delete) the green areas from around your design. (this is making the spaces between the letters just a little larger)

When you finish editing it then select "File" then "Save Pattern to Library"

Step Six: Place the images on your board the way you would like it....

Step Seven: Right click on your image and select "Outline Pattern(s)" - when you have your outline highlighted you will see the "cut out" or "saw" icon lit up (hopefully - if not repeat step 5) if it is lit up then click on it and set up your cut out

NOTE: it is very impotant that you delete the original image from your Pattern.... it will make some funny cuts if you don't.

Hope this helps, Jason

Two Great Sources of Information: www.CarveWrightMagazine.com & www.CNCCorner.com

4 Cool step by step on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:58 pm

fwharris

Carvaholic
Carvaholic
On now to do this. I would guess that the cutout would be best suited for the 1/16" bit on thin stock. Probably best for HDPE vinyl.

Rheal, I bet this answers a lot of questions you had from the other post.

CarveWright Pattern Depot
http://store.carvewright.com/pattern.php?vendor=ringneckblues
View user profile http://ringneckblues.com

5 Re: Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:30 pm

RHEAL

Junior User
I don't know what I am doing wrong, But I do not get am image as clean as you do.

I will try again tomorrow nite

View user profile

6 Re: Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:25 am

RHEAL

Junior User
When you plave the image into designer, what are your default settings for depth and height.
Mine are at 0.25 and height is 100

When I select the outline option, a lot of the outlines are very jagged. When I get home from work tonite I will post some pictures.

View user profile

7 Ragged Edges on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 am

LittleRedWoodshop

Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic
The image in Designer is only going to be as clean as the image that you import - and the settings really don't matter.....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum