CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help with this keychain Please

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help with this keychain Please Empty Help with this keychain Please Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

Unable to find the right settings to create this keychain. Can someone help
Keychain_MPC Very Happy

2Help with this keychain Please Empty Re: Help with this keychain Please Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

I am looking at it right now....is this one that you made?

Looks like one you scanned!!

What I did was put a "carve region" aroung the key chain and put a small 'draft' on the key chain pattern..you can adjust the carve depth and height, and carve region depth to get what you want. The "draft" helps to reduce chipping on areas that have real sharp edges.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3d0d6f876fceadf71bee9a6e9edd9c76e04e75f6e8ebb871

http://ringneckblues.com

3Help with this keychain Please Empty Cutting through Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:49 pm

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

No this is from a small application. I want to cut them out on a 1/2 sheet to make the keyrings.
I need to put more then one on a sheet and I think I will need tabs.

4Help with this keychain Please Empty Re: Help with this keychain Please Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 am

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

I did a quick lay out of 9.

What I did:

change board settings to 1/2" board thickness - if that is the thickness you are cutting them out of.

copied and pasted the key chain and carve region (ctrl key & left click each) at the same time.

top left key chain - high light pattern, select "outline pattern" tool, deleted all of the outlines except the outline of key chain.
select key chain out line and select the "cut out tool". In tool pop up, select "flip cut out" , set tab height, # of tabs you want.

middle left key chain - same as above except did not delete name out line so you would see what it looks like.. select "line tool" and draw lines where you want manual tabs to be and the number of tabs you want. After all lines are set select the "place tab" tool. modify the setting you want..

Like I said this is a quick layout to show you what you might do, I did not align anything, set pattern/carve region depth and height etc. I would suggest you first to a test carve of just one pattern. I have never done a cut out when my board is on a sled but with in the last set of software upgrades the machine is capable of doing so. I think you have to make sure your design board thickness is the same as the actual board. when the CW does it's precarve checks it will see that the total thickness of your board and sled are thicker than the design board and make the adjustments for the cut out. I think it even has a machine prompt to verify this during the set up.

I have done cut outs in 1/2" boards with out a sled with not problems. I just used the out line and cut out tools

Key Chain MPC

5Help with this keychain Please Empty Re: Help with this keychain Please Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:39 am

RHEAL

RHEAL
Junior User

Dont think that these will cut out well enough to be usable.
Do you know of any key-chain patterns available?

6Help with this keychain Please Empty Re: Help with this keychain Please Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

I would suggest doing a test carve of one to see what it looks like. That might give you a good idea for any changes you might need to do.

Not sure of any key chain patterns out there.

As a side note and just have to ask, have you gained access to the tips & tricks news letters sent out by CW? Jason has them posted here and you can sign up on the main CW site. They offer a lot of great info.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum