CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Bud Videos - Lots of Great Information

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LittleRedWoodshop

LittleRedWoodshop
Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic

http://littleredwoodshop.com

2Ask Bud Videos - Lots of Great Information Empty Basic Drawing using version 1.150 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm

woodchipsltd

woodchipsltd
Junior Carvaholic
Junior Carvaholic

Jason,

I've pretty much exhausted each of these videos, along with all of the CarveWright tutorials etc, trying to find a video that deals with just actual drawing "something" from scratch using the software. In other words, how do I use the drawing tools to draw a box with rounded corners. Simple. But nothing that I've been able to find easily anywhere gives you a step by step guide to how to do this. It always seems that one has to dig and dig and dig in all the manuals, forums and tutorials to find the simplest of issues. The projects using patterns, etc are great and very informative but either I'm too dumb or am just not looking in the right places.

My project is to cut out cleats for a display stand. I can do it in CorelDraw but can't seem to be able to do it in the CarveWright designer software. These cleats are nothing more than 2" long by 1.5" high rectangles. I want to cut out a 1.24" by .5" notch from one corner and then round all of the corners. Simple. Or I thought it would be until I tried to do so on the designer software.

Is there anything out there that deals with the basics like this?

Could you please point this computer illiterate individual in the right direction???

Oh and I need to get this job done for a customer by Friday. If I can't do it on my CarveWright I'll have to work something out with my laser. Sure wish we could import CorelDraw files into the CarveWright designer software.

confused confused study

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum