CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Z Axis Stall 308

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Z Axis Stall 308 Empty Z Axis Stall 308 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Ok, have searched found several items related to 308 however they mostly talked about the probe.

Trying to get my first machine that was sitting for awhile ready to give to a friend so he can use it. Its been cleaned and when I try to test it with a board in and go to measure it gives me Zaxis stall 308.

Checked options and im getting the 0000 numbers to change when it is moved. Z truck feels stable nothing appears to be pinched unsure what could be the causes for the stall at this point.

I know I can just give it to him and let him figure it out but would like to give it to him working. Not charging him for it but would like to have it working none the less. He has already purchased the rock chuck, Ive already replace the flexshaft cable and cleaned it. Just not sure what all the causes could be for 308 without having a list to check it against.

2Z Axis Stall 308 Empty Re: Z Axis Stall 308 Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Badger

Badger
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

ITS ALIVE!!!!

Z Axis Stall 308 Youngf10

Talking to fwharris last night using him as a sounding board (thanks btw) and he mentioned the encoder in the back of the z motor...

Z Axis Stall 308 Encode10

Checked it but was not sure if it was good or not so I had another Zmotor that is basically new but could not use it anymore because of a bad tension mount screw...

Z Axis Stall 308 Tensio10

So I removed the front mount from the Z motor by removing two screws..

Z Axis Stall 308 Motor_10

I placed what I beleived to be a good motor onto the good mount and placed it back into the machine.

Prior to this I replaced the 14pin cable and still got the 308 error so couldnt figure it out. Once I had the new motor in place, I turned it on and hit measure and it started homing (thank god).

Sooo...If anyone is interested in checking out this Z motor I removed to look at the encoder and tell me if that really was the problem I would imagine that we have found the 308 error problem. Let me know and I can mail it out to you.

Thanks again fwharris for being on last night. The chat at the bottom is an excellent resource for getting quick answers instead of waiting for a post to be answered, thanks Jason for that.

3Z Axis Stall 308 Empty Congratulations!! Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:06 pm

fwharris

fwharris
Carvaholic
Carvaholic

Badger,

WOW, my WAG took care of the problem! Go figure! cheers

I would not even begin to guess what was wrong with the encoder. Like I said in the chat last night, I was just going through all of the "Z" possibilities. Glad you have a working machine for your buddy. I bet he will be over joyed as I know you are!!

http://ringneckblues.com

4Z Axis Stall 308 Empty Congrats....... Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:30 pm

LittleRedWoodshop

LittleRedWoodshop
Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic

Glad the machine has shown some life and you are welcome for the chat portion of the site.

http://littleredwoodshop.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]