CNC Art Guild of America - Forum & Homepage
Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thank you for visiting the CNC Art Guild of America Forum & Homepage. If your not a member of the forum and wish to sign-up click on "Register" button below. If you are a member sign-in now!

Members enjoy the use of our Live Chat and the ability to post.

If you are interested in joining the Guild - click on the "Join The Guild" link at the top of the page.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement: To further the craft of CNC Art for the benefit of our members and to Strive everyday to be better than yesterday.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for Jason

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question for Jason Empty Question for Jason Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:16 pm

jjpaluck

New User

Jason

Is the same pvc that you use for say outside trim? The carvewright doesnt melt it I assume?

Thanks

John

2Question for Jason Empty Use......... Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:20 am

LittleRedWoodshop

LittleRedWoodshop
Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic

What I am using is Vinyl PVC - no the CarveWright does not melt it - carves like butter (no grain to deal with). I have turned the guys at CarveWright onto it and some of the STL guys (for Models). Yes it is the same stuff that they use as exterior trim.

It finishes (sand, carve, paint, etc...) as good if not better than wood. The beautiful thing about this stuff is that it lasts forever outside. No Rot and no sun issues, hence the combo of the Vinyl and the PVC.

My advice. Find a jobsite in your area and see if they have any cut-offs.

http://littleredwoodshop.com

3Question for Jason Empty Re: Question for Jason Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:00 pm

ruggybear

New User

What is the thickness of this stuff? It's not vynil siding is it?

http://www.ruggybear.com

4Question for Jason Empty 3/4 of an inch..... Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm

LittleRedWoodshop

LittleRedWoodshop
Senior Carvaholic
Senior Carvaholic

The stuff that I am using can actually be puchased in upto 4x10 feet sheets..... they use it as trim on alot of new houses. Go to the millworks department at your local home store and look for vinyl PVC - they should have have it in 8inch widths.

http://littleredwoodshop.com

5Question for Jason Empty Re: Question for Jason Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 am

northland

New User

Interesting because I am cutting Large letters out of a PVC product that goes by the name kometek or Intecel . IT is basically the same as the product you are using Jason as the Same company makes the PVC boards that go on homes. I have not tried Carving with it yet but Considering what you have said here I will not fear breaking the carving bit as much as I did before. Any suggestions on Painting ?

Northland

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum